With pdv-nlk3, wet slaking curves can be determined according to DIN EN 459-2, evaluated in numerous ways, graphically illustrated and managed while ensuring traceability. Up to eight temperature sensors or transducers can be configured for acquisition of values. Its exceptional accu-racy of temperature measurements and subsequent evaluation make pdv-nlk3 a unique tool offering qualified and comparative information on product quality.
pdv-nlk3 function overview
Data acquisition according to standards:
- Evaluation according to DIN EN 459-2 based on the characteristic values T0, tmax, Tmax, T‘max, tu80, Tu80, t60
- Display of additional characteristic values such as ΔT5, T10, t40, reaction enthalpy (heat of reaction), R-value, maximum turnover rates, etc.
- Prepared for the US norm ASTM C 110 (using the new measurement profiles).
- Acquisition of measurements of up to eight temperature sensors or transducers
- Free configuration of measuring cycles, drivers, interfaces (LIMS, manual export/import)
Wide range of evaluations:
- Comprehensive management of measurements and samples
- Saving (as image file) and printing of measuring processes
- Printing preview with numerous export formats
- Generation of measurement logs (reports) at the push of a button
- Export of intermediate and final results via defined interfaces or CSV files
Test equipment and calibration:
- Test equipment management for measuring instruments and Dewar vessels
- Calibration of sensors using two points
- Examination of the heat loss (water value) of Dewar vessels
- Integrated device drivers for Testo 735 measuring instruments (via USB); additional drivers available on request
Precision beyond standards
For reactivity calculation of lime, DIN EN 459-2 prescribes recording of temperatures in cycles of one and later two minutes, recording of these values and illustration in a diagram. Principally, this is possible with a mercury thermometer, a clock with a seconds hand, a pen and a sheet of paper. In some laboratories, Microsoft Excel is used for logging and illustration of the measured values.
This manual approach is complicated, time-consuming and results in considerable sources of potential errors. Additionally, the management effort is enormous, particularly when looking for previous measurements.
With pdv-nlk3, all measured values are stored in a database. Recalculation of values or extended evaluation – including over hundreds of series of measurements – can be realised in seconds. Even if these investigations are required seldomly, there is a considerable savings potential for executing laboratories thanks to time saving during evaluation and reporting.
pdv-nlk3 demonstrates its strength in combination with connected temperature sensors. Digital data loggers provide measuring rates of several measurements per second. Even for a measuring interval of just a second, the interval in compliance with the standard would provide up to 120 measurements instead of just two according to the standard requirements. The calculated characteristic values considerably exceed manual recording in terms of precision, e. g. offering Tmax times exactly to the second. When measured manually, this value may deviate by up to two minutes from the actual maximum. For quickly reacting lime types, this is an enormous deviation.
For data acquisition, numerous parameters including automatic starts and stops of measurements, calibrations, measuring intervals, measurement filters, measuring processes, data compression, etc. may be defined and saved in the respective series of measurements. During measurement recording, freely configurable reference material may be displayed.
Thanks to this precise accuracy beyond the applicable standard in combination with easy management, intuitive use and long-term data storage of results, pdv-nlk3 is a unique tool for wet slaking curve analysis.
Coupling of measurement hardware
For recording of values, up to 8 temperature sensors / transducers may be configured depending on the number of acquired measuring channels. By default, a device driver is provided (via USB) for Testo 735-2 measuring instruments (hardware not included). Additional measuring technology drivers are available on request.
Additionally, KGW Isotherm offers comprehensive laboratory systems for setting up the test equipment.
Data export to LIS/LIMS or SAP
A defined interface enables automatic export to existing laboratory information systems (LIS/LIMS) or superordinate ERP systems like SAP. To transfer samples into an existing LIMS, pdv-nlk3 can either generate automatic sample numbers or be assigned existing reference numbers from the existing LIMS.
Get to know pdv-nlk3
A demo version of pdv-nlk3 is available providing a comprehensive overview of the variety of functions. This version works with a special demo driver without connected measurement hardware. The recorded data is simulated by the program. If interested in this version, simply contact us without any obligation.